Undoubtedly, Netgear is the top company in the manufacture of networking devices. Millions of people around the world use the Netgear extender to increase the range of existing home networks. And when it comes to the gaming experience, no one is ahead of Netgear extender according to gamers. After all, the extender provides the lag-free internet throughout the house. But, nowadays, users face the blinking green light on the Netgear extender due to some reasons. If you are also floating in the same boat then you have at the right place. In this post, you are going to learn effective solutions to resolve the issues without performing the Netgear WiFi extender reset process.
So, we highly recommend you read out the post properly and learn the different types of techniques to turn the blinking green light into solid green.
Well, first we would like to tell you about the main reason why you guys experience the blinking green light on your Netgear extender so that you can remove the issue from its roots.
Why is Netgear Extender Blinking Green?
To your knowledge, like any other electronic device Netgear extender also displays LED lights to indicate the condition of the device. These lights are also highly effective in understanding what is happening when the device behaves differently. Thus, understanding the light meaning can assist you to handle the issues related to the extenders.
Well, the meaning of green light on the extender illustrates that the extender is working in the good condition. But, when the green light blinks, it means failure and corruption of firmware, which mostly happens when the updating process is interrupted. Now, without further ado, walk through the next section in which we discussed the solution to solve the issue without any problem.
Fix the Blinking Green Light Issue
Here, you will get suitable solutions to turn the blinking green light into solid green. All the solutions are explained in detail; you just need to follow and implement them as mentioned. So, let’s start!
Check the Firmware Version
The foremost thing you need to do is check out the firmware version first. There is a possibility that your Netgear extender is running into the old version or interrupted during the updating time. If you are aware of the process to check the device firmware version, then well and good. If not then you can follow the outlined steps carefully.
- Initially, power up the Netgear extender by giving a sufficient power supply.
- Connect the extender with the host router wirelessly. Or you can use the Ethernet cable as well to make the connection.
- Switch on the computer or laptop for the further process.
- Now, you need to open the latest version of the web browser on your computer.
- Insert the default web or IP address into the address bar.
- Push Enter key.
- You will see the login panel of the extender.
- Here, fill in the username and password of your extender in the on-screen fields.
- Click on the Log In button.
- The Netgear extender setup wizard will appear in front of you.
- Go to the Menu setting.
- Click on the Advanced Settings.
- Select the Administration option
- Click on the Firmware Version.
- Now, you can see the version of your extender firmware.
If you found the firmware version outdated, then must update the firmware as soon as you can to enjoy uninterrupted services. In case you are not able to check the firmware version you need to make sure you use the 192.168.1.250 this IP address.
Restart Your Netgear Extender
You can also restart your device. There is a chance that your Netgear extender is surrounded by temporary hiccups that create issues like a blinking green light. If you want to solve the issue then reboot your device by following the mentioned steps.
- First, cut off the power supply from the power source.
- Remove the extender from the wall outlet.
- Give some recovery time to the extender.
- Thereafter, put it back into the power socket and turn on the extender.
Now, your extender is successfully restarted. Now you should check if the blinking green light is turning into solid green or not.
Hence, these are the two best suitable solutions that solve this issue hassle-free.